Monday, December 21, 2009

Book Review: Putting It Up With Honey


I don't know why it took almost two years on the SCD before it finally dawned on me to see if there's any good cookbooks out there for honey recipes. I finally peeked on Amazon and found several, including this one which I am very excited about. Putting It Up With Honey by Susan Geiskopf is an absolute gem! It's full of recipes for jellies, jams, fruit butters, marmalades, pickles, relishes, canning fruits and vegetables all using honey. There was even a recipe for ketchup, tomato paste, tomato sauce and more, plus a section about drying produce. There is about 207 recipes and over 90 percent (my guess) are SCD legal! If you are on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet or just trying to eat healthier, this is a great addition to your library.

No comments:

Post a Comment