Thursday, October 14, 2010

Garlic Parmesan Wings (SCD)


Excuse the bad flash photography, these are much better than they look here. I love wings and fall get togethers are a great time to serve them.

This is also my submission for this week's Fightback Friday, a real food web carnival at Food Renegade



3-5 lbs Chicken Wings
Oil for frying
1/2 cup (one stick) Butter, melted
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
3 or 4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 TBSP Parsley, finely chopped
3/4 to 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely shredded

Rinse wings and pat dry. In a large skillet over high heat, heat enough oil for wings. Add wings to hot oil and fry until lightly browned and slightly crispy. Turning occasionally. This usually takes me about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a very large bowl, whisk melted butter and mayo until smooth and creamy. Whisk in garlic and parsley. Let sit while wings cook. When wings are done, toss in bowl with sauce. Toss in cheese. Serve with towels.

Here's more SCD/GAPS friendly chicken wing recipes:

Honey Ginger Wings from yours truly

Sticky Bat Wings from Comfy Tummy

Superbowl Wings from Life Lines

Satay Chicken Wings from Maureen's List

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs. Ed,

    Thanks for your question on the cook book. It is on hold right now. I have decided to wait until I can afford a nice SLR camera for the pictures. I tried some samples with my pocket camera and they just don't print up well. I am thinking maybe for Christmas??

    How are things with you? I think these wings sound great.

    Thanks again,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for GAPS legal wing recipes for over a year. So glad to have found some. We are trying these next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome! We deep fried them instead of baking the wings. Yummy! Also we used the Hooters wing batter...oh we are so bad...heart attack city but sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Always feels good to get feedback. Glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete